Politics, from the Greek, politikos: The art and science of influencing people, policy and government.
The Political Science major introduces students to the study of politics by exploring the tools, skills and theories of how power is exercised in government and in groups in the United States, in other societies and across nations. The major also opens the door to:
- Experiential learning through internships and study abroad;
- An accelerated BA/MPA degree;
- Individual research in the most active department honors program on campus;
- Graduate and professional studies including law, public policy, and public administration;
- Careers in legislative work, elections, lobbying and policy advocacy organizations, national security, and digital politics.